Monday, May 19, 2003

A Simple Flash XML Tutorial


I was looking for a nice, simple, clear tutorial today to get me started with using XML in Flash. I found several badly written tutorials - ones with poor code, or with bad explanations. I won't tell you any more about them.

But I did find one tutorial that was perfect for my needs. It is clear and explains everything in great detail. Even better, the code is good - simple, efficient, no unexplained weirdness.

The tutorial in question is at http://www.studiowhiz.com/ and goes by the title of Philter's Flash/XML Tutorial. It explains how to create a simple dynamic menu in Flash MX, or to quote "A basic introduction to XML and it's usage in Flash to build a simple dynamic menu".

A scout of the web site shows a large number of other useful tutorials for Flash, Dreamweaver, Director, Photoshop, Freehand, PHP, Perl and many other tools. Seems like an excellent site.

No comments: